The UFC has had a successful run in reality TV with the UFC Ultimate Fighter for dozens of seasons, and look to be back in the game with their Octagon girls.
According to a press release, which you can read below, the promotion is seeking women from the Southern California area to become one of the promotion’s newest Octagon Girls. The women who are selected for the show will then join the current UFC Octagon Girls to travel the world and participate in various UFC events.
The show will be airing on Pop TV, which is the current home of professional wrestling’s TNA Impact program.
There is no word yet when the show will start taping or when it will premiere on Pop TV, but it’s likely for 2017.
Here is the press release/sign up information for the reality show:
The producers of The Ultimate Fighter are seeking models from Southern California for an opportunity to become the UFC’s newest ring girls (aka “Octagon Girls”) and appear in a presentation for their own unscripted series on the POP TV Network.
On this brand new show, each of our selected models will join the ranks of the prestigious Octagon Girls and travel to UFC events throughout the world. The series will document their work with the UFC, as well as their lives on the road and back home in Southern California.
We are seeking models who:
- Are at least 21 years of age and live in Southern California
- Have a fit and athletic body type
- Are legally able to work and live in the United States
- Have never appeared in pornographic material
- Are not contractually tied to any other combat sports promotion
- Can attend scheduled auditions in North Hollywood during the week of October 24 and film a presentation for the show in mid-November.
Models selected will film a non-union presentation for the TV series for a rate of $500. If you are selected for the series, you will receive an Octagon Girl contract with the UFC, as well as an appearance fee for the show.