WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin addressed some rumors surrounding his status with the company on the latest episode of The Steve Austin Show. You can hear the full interviewat this link. Below are some highlights:
* Austin said there is no heat on him from WWE for allegedly missing WrestleMania 31 Week. He brought up the rumor that he was supposed to be on a flight with The Undertaker and said that was not true.
* Austin said he was never a part of any creative discussions for him to participate at WrestleMania 31. Austin said he didn’t turn anything down, he simply wasn’t there and was never scheduled to be there.
* Regarding Tough Enough rumors and heat between Austin and Vince McMahon, Austin said he did not turn the show down. He said he’s been talking with WWE about Tough Enough for some time and it was supposed to be filmed in February-March but we’re in April and it still hasn’t happened. Austin said the delay was nobody’s fault as it takes a lot of work for the different pieces of a reality show like Tough Enough to come together. When WWE got their pieces together, CMT wanted to do more Broken Skull Challenge and Austin couldn’t do Tough Enough due to the BSC commitments. Austin said he didn’t turn down Tough Enough because of heat with Vince and scheduling problems are why he couldn’t do the show. Austin said he wishes he could do Tough Enough but it didn’t work out. Austin said in a perfect world, he would have filmed Tough Enough in February-March and that would have been it.
* Austin also addressed the rumors about his podcast not being on the WWE Network. Austin said they did the first two and were going to make a deal to move forward. He said there was a deal that could have been made but it wasn’t and they’re not moving forward but there’s no heat there. Austin he heard Vince wasn’t happy with some of his questions for Triple H and Austin said that’s not true.
* Austin said WWE is going in their own direction and he’s going in his and down the road if they hook back up, it’ll be gangbusters. Austin said he will always have WWE in his blood. He acknowledged both sides have helped each other over the years and said it’s always a good thing and a fun thing when WWE and Steve Austin are in business together. Austin guesses there is no animosity towards him from WWE’s point of view and said he has no heat with them. Austin said, “No heat, nowhere. It’s cool, moving on…”