4shared

Tyson Fury set to return to the ring this July in a bid to secure an Anthony Joshua showdown

Gerry O'Neill May 8, 2017 0
Tyson Fury set to return to the ring this July in a bid to secure an Anthony Joshua showdown

Tyson Fury says he will return to the ring in July as he bids bid to secure an all-British showdown with heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.

Joshua stopped former champion Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium last Saturday to add the WBA heavyweight title to his IBF crown, while Fury has not fought since he beat the Ukrainian in November 2015.

Fury told Sky Sports last week he did not need a warm-up fight before facing AJ, insisting he would beat the London 2012 Olympic gold medallist with one arm tied behind his back.

Online videos have shown the 28-year-old – who had his licence revoked in October as he dealt with mental health issues – shedding the pounds in a Marbella gym.

And Fury says he will remain in Southern Spain ahead of his comeback, insisting a fighting between himself and fellow unbeaten Brit Joshua is inevitable.

“I’m out here for the foreseeable future, running, doing circuits, padwork, sparring,” said Fury, who told www.britishboxers.co.uk that a match-up with Joshua had been pencilled in for April 2018.

“I’ll be back on the July 8 Copper Box show headlined by Billy Joe Saunders. I’ll have a few comeback fights, two or three, while I’m waiting for Joshua.

“There’s no money in anybody else, I want ‘Mr Muscles’.”

Tyson is training alongside good friend Saunders, who is scheduled to defend his WBO middleweight title against hard-hitting Georgian Avtandil Khurtsidze in London.

“I can be the best Tyson Fury again,” Fury added.

“It didn’t slip away – I just couldn’t be bothered no more.

“But now there’s 30million involved. I was a shadow of my former glory, but now I’m on my way back. With me and Joshua, one looks the part, one is the part.”

Fury pulled off a huge upset when he outpointed Klitschko in Dusseldorf almost 18 months ago to win a unanimous decision and become heavyweight champion and said he is not impressed by Joshua.

“My win over [Klitschko] was a lot better, a better boxing display,” he said.

“He never hit me, but he hit AJ with a million punches and nearly knocked him out. He definitely did expose him.

“I hope [promoter] Eddie Hearn protects Joshua, because the first decent man he fights who’s not 41 beats him.

“Deontay Wilder, Joseph Parker, any one of these would beat him.”

Leave A Response »

You must be logged in to post a comment.