Learn How to Box – My Boxing Coach
The Boxing Training Foundation
The Secrets of Boxing Made Simple
If you are serious about truly learning to how to box, then read on…
No longer will you wonder how the great fighters perform, from Wladimir Klitschko to Floyd Mayweather. From Mike Tyson to Sugar Ray Leonard. From Marvin Hagler to Manny Pacquiao. Understand boxing from the basics up and you can achieve anything.
My name is Fran Sands and I am the founder of MyBoxingCoach.com. Boxing has been a massive part of my life since I was 6 years old when my Dad took my brother and me to the local amateur boxing club. I had my first contest at the age of 11 and went on to compete for a further 10 years, taking part in 60 contests.
As well as being a regional champion on numerous occasions, I reached national finals and semi finals all of which culminated in my representing my country at Under-19 level. During my time as a boxer I met the best in Europe with 3 of my opponents at amateur level going on to win world titles in the professional ring.
Having ‘hung up my gloves’ and after a break from the sport for a couple of years, I returned as a coach at the same gym at which I had boxed. This was in 1997 and since then I have worked with hundreds of boxers, from raw recruits up through to international standard amateurs, providing advice and guidance both in the gym and on fight night in the corner. A number of boxers that I have worked with have progressed into the professional ranks and I like to think that I have given them a strong base upon which to build their road to boxing success.
Why I Created MyBoxingCoach
In 2009 I had spent some time searching the Internet for boxing resources. As a coach I am always looking for improvements that I can make. As the great trainer Eddie Futch once said “When we stop learning, then we die.”
Whilst I have managed to find some great information from some experienced boxing people, it took a lot of searching to find it. My overall impression of the standard of boxing coaching advice and guidance available on-line was that it was not very good. In fact, I found much of it questionable at best, reckless at worst.
You see I take my coach’s responsibility very seriously. Boxing is not like other sports. If I give out the wrong advice then a boxer that I work with, a boxer who trusts in me, could get hurt. Good and experienced coaches are very aware of this and so we carefully consider the implications of our advice.
Some of the coaching advice available on the Internet, espoused by self-proclaimed ‘experts’, would cause me grave concerns if used by any of my boxers. The method by which advice is delivered is irrelevant, either face-to-face or by video and the written word, it is the responsibility of giving sound coaching advice that is of paramount importance. This is a principle that I could never compromise.
There is a better way…
In 2010 I founded MyBoxingCoach.com. My aim was simple:
- Explain what the skill is and why it is useful
- Give a clear and precise demonstration of the mechanics of the skill
- Explain the common faults that I encounter when boxers learn this skill.
This approach has resulted in the production and publication of more than 40 skills videos. All of these videos are FREE and available on the site. They are the building blocks of boxing, the pieces of a jigsaw if you like, all waiting to be put together to form a versatile and effective boxing style.
Alongside the video skills articles, I have produced a wealth of other material all of which have become a key part of the site experience. From straightforward and clear advice on equipment, training routines and fight analysis articles to articles on boxing psychology, nutrition and advice for coaches. I guess quality matters, so much so that the MyBoxingCoach videos receive over 70000 views per week on YouTube.
Why I Created The Boxing Training Foundation
I created the Boxing Training Foundation with 6 objectives in mind:
- I wanted to provide a set of resources that would make the benefits of boxing training fully accessible to all, whatever their level of knowledge or experience of the sport.
- I wanted to create a true coaching experience. A training regime that was practical, realistic and packed with benefits that could be gained quickly and more importantly be enhanced over months and years.
- Continuing the MyBoxingCoach philosophy, I wanted to deliver detailed, consistent and specific coaching advice on what I believe to be the key areas of boxing fitness and boxing skills required to successfully establish the ideal basics. 95% of what the champions do are the basics, they just do them very well.
- I wanted to ensure that within a couple of hours you would be self-sufficient in defining your future in terms of boxing skills and boxing fitness. By this I mean that you will have a framework that you can adapt, depending upon your needs, circumstances and even mood.
- I wanted to provide unique boxing learning and fitness resources that were head and shoulders above anything else available out there, and would provide you with jaw-dropping value for money.
- I wanted to provide an interesting alternative to the modern, chrome-laden, fake-tan swamped, sterile gymnasiums that offer tread mills, rowing machines, exercise bikes and weight machines. In my opinion, improving your physical fitness by learning a technical discipline is much more likely to culminate in a true ‘change of lifestyle’. There is a reason why so many gym memberships lay dormant whilst the monthly fee continues to be taken.
No BS, No Exaggerated Claims
Having covered my objectives in creating the Boxing Training Foundation, I also feel it important to explain one crucial guiding principle that I maintain. I mentioned earlier the responsibility of providing coaching advice in a sport like boxing. Well keeping this in mind I absolutely refuse to make exaggerated claims, claims like the following:
- “Learn boxing in just 10 days.”
- “My 4-week Programme can turn you into Floyd Mayweather Jr.”
- “Become a boxer in 10 easy steps.”
I have more respect for basic human intelligence than to claim any of the above as a possibility. Anyone who says that a single product will tell you all you need to know about boxing is, quite simply, talking garbage. You know it, and I know it. If I try to cover too much then I will succeed only in diluting the quality of what I produce. This I cannot tolerate and you deserve better.
Imagine the possibilities…
- Expert boxing coachingAmaze yourself with your accelerated progress to fighting perfection. Precise, clear and highly effective coaching that will allow you to build powerful combinations of punches along with defensive skills that will leave opponents punching fresh air. You can become the fighter that you deserve to be by developing your skills the MyBoxingCoach way!
- Build power and enduranceWith a high intensity workout lasting under an hour, watch excess weight fall away to reveal the ultimate fighting physique. Marvel at your new found staying power and dynamite increase in your power-to-weight ratio.
- Tried and tested methodsUse techniques that I’ve applied successfully to develop top performing fighters. Real world boxing skills that will take you to the next level, all achieved within a varied and authentic training session.
- Coach yourself and othersQuickly identify and fix problems with your boxing style and even get to the point of coaching others. Learn to analyze your style and really develop a coach’s eye.
- Get to a good place!Build the self-assurance and self-confidence that is shown by all top performers. Feel good, look good and perform great.